The very nature of the auction business places the auctioneer in a dual role. Auctioneers are first and foremost fiduciary agents for their clients and as such they have specific legal responsibilities to them. Auctioneers are also directly involved in working with and selling to their customers in an open, public, and competitive arena. Few professionals have these multiple relationships together with their clients and customers. Professional auctioneers realize their success is dependent upon both and they work especially hard to please them equally.
An Auction …
- is the fastest, most efficient, and most effective way to convert property into cash!
- establishes the date, time, and place when the property will sell!
- sells everything!
- eliminates expensive carrying costs!
- stimulates competitive bidding between motivated buyers!
- often achieves more than the anticipated selling price!
- eliminates time-consuming buyer/seller negotiations!
- focuses the spotlight on your property and brings motivated buyers together at the same time and place!
- is an effective price setting mechanism that takes into account current market variables!
- eliminates the need to speculate as to the fair market value of each individual item!
An auction is a fun way to shop or to find an unusual item of special interest. Even though items are always sold to the highest bidder at an auction, buyers will always determine how much they are willing to pay because they can drop out of the bidding at any time.